In order to accommodate increasing production requirements at a prominent petrochemical plant in Mexico, the client consulted SAMCO to custom engineer a deionization system that could perform efficiently at a greater volume. Meeting the client’s needs, SAMCO provided a multifaceted solution to help the client effectively expand production while maintaining the water quality necessary for suitable boiler makeup water.
Meet stringent boiler feedwater quality requirements for the petrochemical industry.
- 1 micromho/cm
- 10 ppb silica
Scope of Service
SAMCO delivered a detailed process, mechanical and electrical design and engineering, controls integration, system fabrication, commissioning. startup, and training.
- Extremely low silica required for stringent boiler makeup water requirements for use in the petrochemical industry
- Maintain superior deionization with high flow volume
When the client need to expand production to meet high demand, SAMCO designed, engineered, and implemented a state-of-theart AMBERPACK™ Deionization System capable of processing 2,200 gallons of water per minute. The system featured a two-train ion exchange unit with cation and anion exchange pressure vessels in addition to a polishing ion exchange cycle for maximum results. SAMCO also installed programmable logic controllers (PLC) to automate flow, temperature, pressure, and resistivity monitoring with a PC-based operator interface for ease of use.
Project deliverables and equipment included:
- AMBERPACK™ Deionization System
- Tube filter system
- WAC/SAC cation exchange pressure vessels
- WBA/SBA anion exchange pressure vessels
- SAC/SBA polishing ion exchange pressure vessels
- Chemical storage & metering equipment
- Resin backwash towers
- Auxiliary pumps
- Required tanks and filters
- PLC controls
- PC-based operator interface