When a leading semiconductor manufacturing facility in Texas was challenged to meet discharge quality regulations per the local publicly owned treatment works (POTW), SAMCO helped the client develop an efficient neutralization wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) to treat their caustic waste.
Satisfy stringent POTW water purity standards including:
- pH neutralization to 6.5–9.0
- Fluoride < 15 ppm
Scope of Service
The client worked with SAMCO to develop an effective solution that comprised concept development, detailed design/engineering, controls integration, system fabrication, field constructions, commission, and startup.
- Complex and varied contaminants
- Caustic waste
- Fast-track project, concept to completion
SAMCO worked with the client to design and install a multi- treatment unit (MTU) with three systems working simultaneously to efficiently treat wastewater for release to the local POTW. A prepackaged, modular design (including prefabricated skids, piping racks, and platforms) enabled fast-track, turnkey project delivery with future expansion capability, and programmable logic controllers (PLC) minimized operations and maintenance demands by automating flow, temperature, pressure, and resistivity monitoring from a remote location.
900 GPM WWTP with equipment including:
- Equalization, pH reaction, and collection tanks
- Influent booster and recycle pumps
- Caustic recirculation/feed system
- Truck docking/transfer station
- Lime mixing and feed
- HF Precipitation/Clarification MTU
- Sludge handling and filter press
- Piping racks, stairs, platforms
- PLC controls/remote telemetry